Patricia Reider – English 110

CLO#2: Develop strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing.

This CLO changes with the rhetorical strategies I wish to employ.

After the decisions made in CLO#1, I would do some general research and create a bullet-point outline. I would then take the more pertinent points and “dig a little deeper”. During this phase of research, I would create my annotated bibliography making notations that would lead me to how this more specific information fits into my general outline.

I think that what I developed in the reading, drafting, collaborating and revising was that I work best in starting with general ideas and then working toward the specific. Peer reviews often showed me where there might be a weak spot or an actual hole in my thesis or in my support of my thesis.

I believe that the argumentative essay holds an excellent example of working from the thesis through its support. In my conclusion there is evidence of research (or reading) and this is obviously the final draft of all of the supportive information.

Here is that paragraph:

The use of GMO science has great potential to benefit mankind.  It also has the potential to be misused.  The worldwide food shortage could be resolved with the right application of this science. Let us not sabotage our future generations or ourselves.  GMOs give us the ability to feed the world and resolve existing health issues and build a world that sustains human life and ecology that will continue to support life in the future.